Starting June 1, 2015, the following changes to the password policy will take effect:
- Passwords will be required to be changed every 90 days. (This was previously 120 days.)
- You cannot reuse any of your last six passwords. (This was previously your last three passwords.)
- Users will be required to change their password after their initial login.
- There will now be a security setting that will force the computer to lock after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Passwords must be at least 8 characters long and meet three of the four following requirements:
- Contains at least 1 lowercase letter
- Contains at least 1 uppercase letter
- Contains at least 1 digit
- Contains at least 1 special character
To see the full policy, please visit https://support.atu.edu/link/portal/16084/16101/Article/429/Password-Security-Policy.
If your password has expired because of the newly implemented Password Policy, please visit the new Account Management System at http://ams.atu.edu to reset your password. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Campus Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479.968.0646.