As an update to our last message about edits to Tegrity videos not being migrated to Kaltura, we have taken some steps that have changed your options. We have now migrated a different video file to Kaltura, which is the edited version of your recording from Tegrity. These recordings show up in your My Media repository with the same title as the first migrated videos, but we have appended it with “V2” to designate it as a second version.
Please note the following:
· If you did not make edits to your recording in Tegrity, these two videos will be the same.
· While V2 versions will include your edits (if you made any), it will not include an “Instructor view” if you added that in Tegrity when recording the videos.
· V2 videos do not include any “legacy captions” that may have been created and/or edited in Tegrity. V2 videos have had Kaltura’s automated captioning set to capture, and this process is underway.
So, now, what does this mean? As before, If you did not make any edits to your recordings in Tegrity, then you may publish the originally migrated recordings to your courses via Kaltura without any problems, and you can safely delete the V2 versions.
However, if you did make edits to a recording in Tegrity, you currently have three options:
1. If you do not care about the edits being removed, go ahead and publish your original recordings as you need. You may wish to keep the V2 versions in your My Media just in case.
2. If you must have any combination of the edits, the “Instructor view”, and/or the “legacy captions”, then you will need to re-edit the originally migrated video within the Kaltura editor.
3. Create a new recording altogether, using the Kaltura Capture Suite, and publish that.
As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact the Campus Support Center at 479-968-0646 or firstname.lastname@example.org.